Who is Safari Club International?
The Maine Chapter of SCI is a charitable organization of hunter-conservationists that promotes wildlife conservation and education, hunting as a wildlife management tool, and services for people in need. To these purposes, SCI-Maine supports the Sportsman Against Hunger Program and is an active contributor to educational programs on both the local and national level. Support of education and the American Wilderness Leadership School, along with scholarships for youngsters and teachers alike, insure the continuation of our hunting heritage for future generations.
SCI Oath and Statement of Purpose & Intent
To promote good fellowship among all who love the outdoors and hunting:
- To promote conservation of the world’s renewable resources, recognizing hunting as one of the many management tools;
- To educate youth, sportsmen and the public in conservation of our wildlife and our forests, which are our natural heritage;
- To share our hunting experiences and information among our membership;
- To operate the Chapter as a non-profit organization, consistent with its charitable purposes, while providing enjoyment for our members, always with the goal of helping to conserve the animals that we love to hunt today for those who will love the sport tomorrow.
Code of Ethics
Recognizing my responsibilities to wildlife, habitat and future generations, I pledge:
- To conduct myself in the field so as to make a positive contribution to wildlife and the ecosystems;
- To improve my skills as a woodsman and marksman to ensure humane harvesting of wildlife;
- To comply with all game laws in the spirit of Fair Chase, and to influence my companions accordingly;
- To accept my responsibility to provide all possible assistance to game enforcement officers;
- To waste no opportunity to teach young people the full meaning of this Code of Ethics;
- To reflect in word and behavior only credit upon the fraternity of sportsmen, and to demonstrate abiding respect for game, habitat and property where I am privileged to hunt.